Diagonals from the left are more powerful

I just read that some people believe that diagonal compositional  elements from the left are more powerful than from the right as we here in the US read from left to right. People who read from the right see diagonals from the right more powerful. I don't know if there is a language that starts at the bottom of the page and one reads up.
Does anyone think that the way one reads effects how one sees photographs?