Re: Help, Mounted slides to digital

On Dec 22, 2017, at 10:18 PM, James David Schenken <jds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

When I first got my LS4000 and tried to scan B&W negatives, it was a struggle but I finally got an image.
Unfortunately, the image was total crap because of the way the scanner and Nikon software actually worked.
I had a nice chat with one of the software developers and he was impressed that I got anything at all.
I forget all the adjustments I went through to get that image.  Needless to say, I didn’t spend any more time on B&W film after that and stuck to color only.  The Nikon scanner sees the film grain in B&W as dust and tries to eliminate it from the image. So what’s left is really bad.

Amazing.  I had no trouble.  Perhaps  you weren’t scanning in RGB?

Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
774-392-0022
New England landscapes, wooden boats and races
http://www.landsedgephoto.com