Re: Help, Mounted slides to digital

The Nikon software does not work well with B&W

On Dec 22, 2017, at 2:39 PM, photoroy6@xxxxxxx wrote:

B&H says more refurbished Nikon scanners are coming.
Amazon/ one available Nikon Super CoolScan 5000 ED Film Scanner for $3695.00
 Roy

-----Original Message-----
From: Tina Manley <tmanley@xxxxxxxxx>
To: PhotoForum educational network <photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thu, Dec 21, 2017 7:11 pm
Subject: Re: Help, Mounted slides to digital

If you only have a few to do, digital camera copy is the way to go.  If you have thousands, invest in a Nikon LS5000 with a bulk loader (SF210).  You can set it (I use Vuescan software) and go off and do other work while it scans 50 slides at a time.  I have done over one million scans in the last few years using this set-up.  I'm still using it every day and hope to finish before I die.

Tina

Art Faul

The Artist Formerly Known as Prints
------