From: PhotoForum [mailto:photoforum-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Laurenz Bobke
Sent: Sunday, October 29, 2017 2:10 PM
To: photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Lightroom alternatives?

With Lightroom going to subscription only, are any of you switching to an alternative programme?

Do you have any experiences with Affinity photo?

The subscription seems to be even more expensive here in Europe than in the US and it seems to me that Adobe is pushing customers generally in the direction of the cloud solution.

I know they are promising to continue support  for the "classic" version, but then didn't they also promise to continue selling non-prescription versions?

Apart from the price of the subscription I am feeling more than slightly uneasy about having no control over the programme and (in the case of the new "CC") even my own data.

--

kind regards / mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Laurenz Bobke