Re: (no subject)

----- Original Message ----- From: Bob

Someone posted on another group from work that yahoo is no longer supporting groups. The work retirees moved the group...... Looking at the EOS digital group I see 1 post for 2017 so far and for 2016 I see 14 posts?

Where are people posting ???

seems everywhere's kind of dead. Very little exchange of information as there's little information to exchange .. how does an android music player work? I could build a record player, I could even repair a tape recorder, video or audio - but heck I don't even really understand Android let alone the way the programs function.

No one wants to know how to resolve software issues, you just 'upgrade'. You of course have to use the most popular one, and nothing old - old is lame.

Around Perth we have an annual verge collection where the council collects rubbish from people's front lawns. I drove past 3 stainless steel barbeques today, one of them I know was just last years model. I guess it would have been sitting there a full week and no one had pilfered it - it'll go into the crusher. I couldn't take it, I've already got one which I found complete with a full bottle of gas.

Trying to explain newsgroups to the younger folk , they see them as pointless. Kinda the same mentality as when I mention a good book and they tell me they'll see it when it gets made into a movie. I threatened to staple my niece and nephew to the floor to make them watch To Kill a Mockingbird, by gord did their eyes roll when they saw it wasn't even in colour! The sideways glances, the crumpled brows that screamed 'my god, you're a moron' at me - their eyes were tear filled by the end and they were full of questions.. 'why don't they make movies like that anymore??'

I guess if everything's geared towards a state of semi-hysteria and transience there's no need to exchange long thought out conversations or discover other people's ideas..

I don't know, I find myself more bewildered by all this and less certain of the future. In the meantime I'll stick with plain test and reading about the complexities in preference to trivialities.