Re: Year end PF gallery for 2016 available for viewing!

A few comments, inspired by Mark' request.

On Sat, Dec 31, 2016 at 2:12 PM, Andrew Davidhazy <andpph@xxxxxxx> wrote:

The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated with new photographs on 31 DEC, 2016. Authors with work now on display at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html include:

Yoram Gelman -
It's strange, but this ale house is more famous for being famous than for the experience of being there.  Nice place, though, when there aren't crowds of tourists.

Roy Miller - Thru doorways to the light
This would be more effective, given my own peculiar preferences, if the light would appear farther away, say at the end of a long tunnel rather than just one door away.

Jan Faul - The Rich, Evening
The comments that accompany this photograph force me to keep  looking at it -- especially given the recent events that cruelly expose the influence of big money.  Just saying . . .

Mark Harris - Body Abstraction with Hand
In his comments on his gallery photograph, Mark writes: ". . . The source of the hand is deliberately not clear. I’d be interested in hearing how the PhotoForum members interpret this."
To me, there isn't any relationship between the hand and the body underneath it, and the two seem out of proportion -- which should not matter for an abstract except that in this case it does matter. So, after trying to put it all together, it loses interest for me.  Other abstract examples of hands near or on bodies seem to work better.

Well, Happy New Year  --  or whatever.