Re: 40 year old film

Well, it depends on what you get used to.

The early photographers were mostly glad whenever new technology superseded their current modes.  And now, who says that the portfolio of chemicals needed to process all that stuff you "could feel" was something desirable?  How many photographers depended on the mystery (not mastery)  of what they were doing with chemicals?  Even the masters depended on the mystery.

I don't understand the physics of digital photography completely;  I use what's available.  The older generation did the same when the processed film and prints.

My 2 cents, of course.

  -yoram