Re: travel to Syria

Randy:
It would not and it was not banned. Some types with some mods where banned. The ar-15 was limited to 20 rounds and was purchasable.  A winchester 7400 .308 deer rifle is WAY WAY WAY more deadly then an ar15. A varmint rifle with the .243 round is more deadly.

firearm laws here in my state in Oz are muddy as heck making little sense - I had and can still obtain a 22.250 if I want and  and get this, a 30.30 is classified in the same restriction category as a .22 here - that of 'low power'.  A semi-auto 22 with a  5 round magazine is illegal, but a 9mm Browning HP handgun with 13 rounds.. legal.