Re: travel to Syria

Nobody needs an assault weapon, the only purpose of which is to kill people.  Australia banned them after their mass killing and the ban is working.

  "The Port Arthur massacre remains one of the deadliest shootings worldwide committed by a single person. Following the spree, the Prime Minister of AustraliaJohn Howard, introduced strict gun control laws within Australia and formulated the National Firearms Programme Implementation Act 1996, restricting the private ownership of high capacity semi-automatic riflessemi-automatic shotguns and pump-action shotguns as well as introducing uniform firearms licensing. It was implemented with bipartisan support by the Commonwealth, states and territories."

Unfortunately, the Port Arthur massacre is no longer one of the deadliest shootings worldwide committed by a single person.  That record has been broken.

Tina