Re: PhotoForum Digest, Vol 228, Issue 1/ comment on comments

Dan asks:

I’ve recently got my very first DSLR, a Pentax K20D, (I’m on a low-ish budget), which can produce Digital Negatives alongside JPEGs and am finding it a lot easier to influence the quality of my envisaged end result. Really I’m just discovering the advantages of the DNG - any helpful comments will be appreciated.

DNG and other RAW formats can be treated like you're shooting negative film, with great latitude and ample potential for post-exposure modifications. JPEGs are like shooting E6.. get the exposure wrong and you're doomed.. doomed I tells ya!

Also, as mentioned here by Jan, http://petapixel.com/2015/11/18/reuters-issues-a-worldwide-ban-on-raw-photos/ - no raw files for Reuters !