Re: new PF members' photographs and greetings on 12/26/2015

Mark,

Waaay back in the mid 60s I was near Kingston, NY.  I was on second shift and one night I had the day off..  I went into Kingston and on the way home I remembered my New York co-workers telling me about Jean Shepherd's radio show so I tuned in.  Jean and I are/were Amateur Radio Operators and his show that night was about an incident in his early days as a ham.   Since you listened to him you remember his style.   He had me laughing so hard that I had to pull off the road.   I couldn't drive I was laughing so hard.

Visiting the house brought back that memory and the memories of the shows I was able to listen to before I transferred back home to Cleveland.

Happy New Year

Bob
Bob Sull - A Christmas Story House

It is interesting how a simple movie has become such a phenomenon. I used to listen to Jean Shepherd, saw him perform twice, and met him when we interviewed him at my college radio station. I might have to visit the house some day. The photograph doesn’t do much more than bring up those memories, maybe that is enough.

--
Never trust atoms..... They make up everything.