Re: new PF members' photographs and greetings on 12/26/2015

Some brief thoughts about this week’s submissions:

On Dec 26, 2015, at 11:59 AM, Andrew Davidhazy <andpph@xxxxxxx> wrote:

The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated 26, DEC, 2015. Authors with work now on display at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html include:

John Palcewski - Autobus

A well composed and made image. I’m not sure if there is supposed to be more than I’m seeing.

Mark Harris - Sheer Gown and Torso

I’m interested in people’s thoughts on the way I used the light coming off the backdrop. Much of the room, including a low ceiling, was white which bounced more light than I like back onto the model. I might revisit this and darken her some more.

Art Faul - Pottery, Illums Bolighus, Copenhagen

A beautifully made photograph. The combination of the arrangement of the elements, the lighting, and use of B&W all work well. Using real elements, photographed directly, and presented in an abstract way is a favorite of mine.

Yoram Gelman - Old Olive

The intertwined sections of bark make for a wonderful pattern study. The story about adds a nice element to the understanding of what is going on.

Bob Sull - A Christmas Story House

It is interesting how a simple movie has become such a phenomenon. I used to listen to Jean Shepherd, saw him perform twice, and met him when we interviewed him at my college radio station. I might have to visit the house some day. The photograph doesn’t do much more than bring up those memories, maybe that is enough.

Roy Miller - He blew my head off

An significant manipulation of what appears to have been a photograph of someone. Sorry, but not a style in which I’m interested.

Bob McCulloch - Across the Rondout

To me, it seems that the attempt to make this look like a painting succeeded in making it look out of focus. It looks like the original image was a lovely photograph and might have succeeded as it was.

<SNIP>

I did like the four Christmas Cards, thank you for all of those.

Mark Harris
gsphotoguy@xxxxxxx
http://www.gsphotoguy.com