Re: Christopher Strevens' posts

Like so many conundrums of morality, censorship only pops up when there is something that makes us uncomfortable.... We have the opportunity to just censor it ourselves but would rather declare that it is a thing of discomfort and therefore a valid target for censorship..

I personally find Chris's writing fascinating, if not a little terrifying. Like a brilliant photograph, it forces our eyes and minds to see where we might not want to look.... I think the discomfort comes from knowing how perilously close to reality it is... It casts a glance at the thin veneer of civility that coats our lives.

I commend Andy for choosing to do the right thing over the popular thing. ...How easy it would be to just remove him...
As for those that left, when they could so easily delete the offending posts...  I'm sorry to see them go... Are they offended or scared to look anywhere near that direction? No great photographers ever came out of such fear of observation.
Herschel