Re: PF members exhibit on July 12, 2005

Some comments on this week's July 11, 2015 gallery.

On Sat, Jul 11, 2015 at 11:20 AM, Andrew Davidhazy <andpph@xxxxxxx> wrote:
The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated July 12, 2015. Authors with work now on display at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html include:

                        Art Faul - Str8 from the Heart, Guldbergmobil

  Dan Mitchell - Petals
Pretty subject but the lines in the petals fight with the lines in the background vegetation, reducing the impact of the nice blossom.

Jim Snarski - Let's Do Lunch
Very interesting behavioral documentation.

                        Bob Sull - What's in there?
                        Randy Little - For Mao and Country

Emily Ferguson - French frigate L'Hermione enters Narragansett Bay, RI
I'm a sucker for such photographs of majestic -- or any -- sailing vessels.  But here, for me, the vessel is too small and the lighthouse is too large.

 Yoram Gelman - Lillies
I am not a flower photographer, therefore this is not flower photograph.  It's a study, and the subject happens to be a flower.  Andy did not think well of the blossom's placement in the lower right corner,  but I hope the same would be true of the lower LEFT corner.  (I know one "judge" who required that every rising line in an "artistic" image had to extend from lower left toward upper right!  Ugh.)  Anyway, I got the blossom to speak. . . away from the background.  That was my goal, here.

  -yoram