Sent: Sunday, June 14, 2015 1:33 AM
Subject: Re: PF gallery could use a few more photographs

OK, Andy and others, I've thought about this for a little while.

I've been involved with digital photography for only about five years.  During that time I've heard about RIPs being used in the printing process.  I print on my own, but have never come across a real -- as opposed to advertising -- explanation of what goes on and what the advantages are.

I know that at least one Forum member uses a RIP; anyone care to help me out? I have an Epson 3800 that does very good black and white; should I care about a RIP???

  -yoram