Re: PhotoForum Digest, Vol 101, Issue 1/giving up film

On 6/14/2015 9:34 AM, Dan Mitchell wrote:
I have happily, and long since, given up film.
I delayed going digital for a long time since I did field service for IBM .  I enjoyed dropping a roll or two off and coming back later and getting my prints rather tha sitting in fron of a computer after work.

Saves money - film and printing are getting so expensive.

Film, perhaps.  Costco for example,  does prints starting at $0.17 for 4X6 to $9.99 for 20X30 whether from digital media of negatives.
And no more stains in the bath from having nowhere else to wash 20 x 16 prints.
OK
I can concentrate on getting the image now, more than ever before.
I am reminded of a coffee stop after a photo club meeting when digital was new.  One of the guys was telling us how he shot hundreds, if I remember right, of a model.  He said he couldn't do that with film.  I asked how much time and thought he put into each shot.  A retired pro looked at me and just smiled.  I too sometimes shoot rapid fire instead of concentrating on my shots like I did with film.

Happy days, guys !

When I went digital I kept my EOS-3 and use it every now and then.  My wife is happy because there is more room in the freezer when I take the film out.

Now, what do I do with the few rolls of Kodachrome I found  frozen while clearing out the freezer?????

Good light,
 Bob

--
Never trust atoms..... They make up everything.