Re: Upgrading Lightroom

You can put the crashed hard drive on the new computer as a storage drive and read the files either directly or with a rescue program.. How did she get the files that got upgraded to  CC format-she must of upgraded some original catalogue.

I would contact Adobe customer service and explain what happened.
You could also post a message on the Adobe Board.
This is why I always get a hard copy of programs when available so I can reinstall stuff if neccessary.
If anyone got LR5 on a disk she could use it and them put in her key when they ask for it.
Ask the local camera club if someone has LR5 on a CD.