Re: copying

Do you have a hard link to your photo, because I can’t find it?  The questionable tree photo has a photoshopped girl in the middle deciduous trees.  The best match I could find on your nature link has moss covered pine trees with a trail. What are you claiming is a copy?

-A

On Apr 6, 2015, at 8:29 AM, Pablo Coronel <pablo.coronel.70@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Didn;t the Thicke vs Gaye verdict change all that?

On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 2:23 AM, karl shah-jenner <shahjen@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jan Faul" <jan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, April 01, 2015 12:32 AM
Subject: copying

I have a question for the group -

Yesterday I opened a piece of email from Artnet and was disturbed to see somebody selling a piece of art at auction. The disturbing part is that it is very similar to a piece of mine. The questions are, is it similar or am I full of it, and if the former, what should I do besides complain (ArtNet has retreated into silence).

Mine is here: http://janfaul.com/border_galleries/nature/ <http://janfaul.com/border_galleries/nature/> - it is Green Trees (now named Hansel & Gretel)

And the copy is here: https://www.artnet.com/auctions/artists/ruud-van-empel/theatre-4?utm_campaign=artnetnews&utm_source=033015daily&utm_medium=email

Any comments?

you can buy gucci or chinese knockoffs.. both are the product of art and skill, but owning one over the other means you're prepared to spend more and appreciate it more.

I think I've a few images like this I've shot too and you'll probably find more like this the more you look.

don't blow a gasket over it.. just promote yours more.