Re: copying

The artist may refuse to comment as to ‘influences, as the Supremes say copying is now OK. Just ask Richard Prince.

A curator familiar with both works says his is definitely influenced by mine. An intellectual rights lawyer from the UK says there’s a winnable suit here. Yeah, winnable after a decade in court, like the Richard Prince suit which got won a year or so ago after a long time in court and a trip to the Supremes.

The rub is that I have just gotten past about 5 years with lawyers suing a hospital and am a firm believer in the following jokes.

Why do vultures ignore lawyers? Profesional courtesy.

What do you call a buy full of lawyers with one empty seat at the bottom of the ocean?
A missed opportunity.

In some, most, or all EU countries if one files suit against another person, the suer must put up a bond equal to at least 10% of the suit total. That stops a lot of suits at the door.