Re: Lens advice please.

It's at that point I encourage them to look at Henri Cartier-Bresson's work and let them know that if the nifty fifty was good enough for him it'll most likely suit them just fine, too.

just a quick reminder that Henry's 50mm was a 'normal' lens for 35mm sq root (24mm^2 + 36mm^2) = 43mm (what many 35mm lens makers rounded to 50mm on the lens ring)

However, the Fuji is part way between a full and a half frame camera format - 23.6 x 15.6 mm so it's 'normal' focal length is 28mm, an actual 50mm on the XE-1 will act more like a 70mm lens on a 35mm camera

Not saying this is a bad thing, I think longer lenses are nicer than shorties, just saying it's not adhering to Henry's thing, is all