Re: 5 photographs by PF members on 02-14-15

Thank you for your kind comments, Mark.

Lea

your kids . my camera . we'll click
www.leamurphy.com

On Feb 17, 2015, at 2:45 PM, Mark Harris <gsphotoguy@xxxxxxx> wrote:

There were some interesting submissions this week. My thoughts are below.

On Feb 14, 2015, at 12:18 PM, Andrew Davidhazy <andpph@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Lea Murphy - Edyn

You might consider this just a snapshot but I see it as a beautifully made informal portrait. You have captured her fabulous _expression_ using quite lovely light.

Jim Snarski - Taking Flight

I don’t often see this point of view of birds in flight. They are generally seen from below or landing, seldom taking off. I like how you were able to capture the bird with wings outstretched and still splashing the water. There is just enough blur on the wing tips so that we know they were moving.

Klaus Knuth - Carpet of Snow 2

I like how you captured the mood of the scene. Here in the US Northeast we’ve seen this a lot this winter. The repeated overlaps of the curves is a nice element. It would have been good if there was a slight bit of texture in the foreground snow but that might be due to compression or might have been impossible with the dynamic range of the scene.

Art Faul - Utah Beach, 2006

Such a beautiful location was the scene of such horror and bravery not so many years ago. A nice capture and thank you for the historical link.

Chris Strevens - Mako town centre with fountain, Hungary.

A nice image of, what seems to be, a quiet town square. I like the framing of the fountain in the tree, it brought my attention there right away.