Re: Preliminary guidelines for catalog participation - panoramics

Yes, a cursory investigation seems to indicate that a lay flat binding is
about twice the regular price (for an 8.5x11 20 pages: ~$20 soft cover,
~$30 hard cover, and ~$60 hard cover with lay flat -- these are from
shutterfly, so other may be more or less). On the other hand, if it allows
panoramas to be shown without a gutter, it might be worth it, if there
were a large number of them. What percentage of photographs will meet this
criteria? If most are standard aspect portrait, landscape, or square
format, then it doesn't make sense to change the binding of a book to
accommodate an odd panorama or two. On the other hand, if you expect 50%
or more of the submitted images to be in panorama format...

Andrew