Re: A case of unintended proximity?

Yes, fascinating. There are many sorts of addiction and behaviors that
will be caught in this new conceptual net, eg internet, social media,
religiosity, etc... More study is necessary. I'd assume that in most
people, there's an actual chemical change in the brain which is
pleasurable when bonding is successful. Repetitive behavioral elements
are involved (eg calling friends on the phone, parties, shopping...) A
negative aspect of all this is that some of the pleasurable aspects
may involve the vilification of addicts, other races, religions,
gender identities, etc... When groups of 'friends' or peers do this,
very strong bonds are formed even if not for good reason and/or
purpose.

-Lew Schwartz