Re: Teaching photography...in a room

I'm sure it's lots of fun to demonstrate ones knowledge of arcane corners of photography, but really, the original inquiry was in search of ideas for what to do with a bunch of people, some with handicaps both spiritual and physical, to START them on having fun with taking pictures.

Surely we can offer him more than pinhole.

Don't any of you teach at your local community college or YMCA/highschool evening/senior center-type places?

Get them started with a project that's designed to remove their attention from the tool and focus it on their own life experience.  For the audience it sounds like he's working with, an initial goal should be learning to look and see.  From the sounds of it this might be one of their first opportunities to stop looking inside their heads.

Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
508-563-6822
http://www.landsedgephoto.com