Re: Exploitation

It has been my experience that most people in 3rd world countries have no idea what the term ‘exploitation’ means, while others think that if you’re not asking them for sex how could you possibly be exploiting them?

A photographer of people whose art photography I really like is Mark Tucker. I don’t know if he shoots digital for his art, but he used to shoot almost all of it on a Livingston, which I guess no longer exists. It was a modified Polaroid film pack camera with a new great lens and the ability to only shoot sheet film ready-loads. http://www.marktucker.com/

For me, it's all about context; both of how the image is used, and of why it was shot.

Art Faul

The Artist Formerly Known as Prints
------
Art for Cars: art4carz.com