From: Lea Murphy <lea@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students <photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, November 4, 2014 9:22 PM
Subject: Re: Second monitor suggestions/help

Randy,

Thanks for this.

Yes, original video card which I'm beginning to believe is the culprit.

The new Dell is 23.8" and resolution is 1900 x 1080 or something like that...it's late, I'm tired and the box is in my office.

I did have preferences set to show all resolutions and tried them all but they were each yuk.

There's a used Cinema Display on Craigslist. Maybe I'll just go get that and forget about a new monitor?

My system rocks and works like a charm but this monitor issue has been a time-consuming pain.  A girl gets used to a dual monitor setup and it's hard to go back to just one.

Would I have an easy time finding an upgrade for my video card? I'm in Kansas City where we have Apple Stores, MicroCenter and the Royals.

Lea

find something you're passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it.
~j. child