Re: PF members exhibit on 18 OCT 2014

On Oct 18, 2014, at 4:00 AM, andpph@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated October 18, 2014. Authors with work now on display at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html include:
>
>             Emily Ferguson - Evening falls at North Head
>             Klaus Knuth - No Performance Today
I suspect this image is actually pretty funny, but interpreting the face of the seal among all the skin creases and other data seems to pull the humor out of the imge.

>             Chuck Heiney - From the on going series "Power"
This image probably is more effective in the series.  I do get a kick out of the way the little propane tanks look like snowmen waiting to exit between the trees.

>             Jan Faul - The Ferry Godmother, Århus
Clearly the title of the image is somehow related, but I'm not well-enough versed in Danish culture to get it.  However, I do like the angle Jan has chosen and the b&w rendering is very strong
.
>             Trevor Cunningham - smoke
Another study, and altho there is lightheartedness in the smoke curlicues, the white spots still distract me from appreciating the rest of the effort.

>             Bob McCulloch - Brooklyn Bridge
An excellent way to use crappy weather.  Lots of datapoints along the entire spectrum except not quite enough brightness in the bits of white for my taste.  I like the angle you've chosen and the culmination of the lines in the corner with the bridge standard.

>             Peeter Vissak - Mia's new hairstyle
Somebody has a new haircut.  Whether it's a style or not is hard to determine as is whether it's a new style.  Even having a larger image would not help with that, but would be nice, especially to get a better view of the faces.

>             Bob Sull - Purple and Green
Hybrid purple asters - nice color, a fun 1000 piece jig-saw puzzle, and a nice demonstration of opposites cohering in an image.

> In case latest version does not show up properly try this copy of the gallery at: http://andpph.com/gallery.html

Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
508-563-6822