Re: Wacom Bamboo

Don,

USB (at least through USB 3) uses 4 conductors, 2 for power and 2 for communications. If you look at the flat (USB-A) plug that is the PC end for nearly all USB cables, and picture it as the four fingers of your hand, your pointer and the pinkie are the power conductors, your middle and ring fingers are the communications conductors. All other USB plugs (USB-B, mini, and micro) use the same four conductors and wrap them into a smaller plug, like squishing your four fingers together.

It is possible to have damage occur to the wires such that just the power conductors fail, or just the communications conductors fail, just by having too tight of a kink in the cable at some point. Today, we are able to get "Stay Flat" USB cables that strive to avoid that hazard.

Stephen