Re: Some thoughts on this week's photographs in PF gallery

Thank you Andrew, and for your efforts on our behalf, Bob.

On Thu, Jun 5, 2014 at 7:40 PM, Andrew Davidhazy <andpph@xxxxxxx> wrote:
As seen at the PhotoForum’s members’ gallery this week at:  http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html

                        Dan Mitchell - Reflections - I like the simplicity and straight forward “look” of this photograph. Sure it is not earthshaking but it is a slice of life that we all have seen at one time or another but which is still refreshing to see again. IMO.

                        John Retallack - My Constant companion - I like the feel of this photograph. I like the connection between the small cat and the large shadow. I like the texture of the floor. If I could change anything is that I’d like to eliminate the two lines of shadow behind the cat … at least I think I would. Of course they were there and are “real” but IMO another rendition without them might be better. Or not!

                        Jim Snarski - Rivals - in your driveway no less!! amazing. They are a bit incongruous in their location and that takes something away from the presentation. But it must have been quite an experience watching the event unfold!!

                        Klaus Knuth - Persistence - hmmm … I don’t quite relate to this photograph.

                        Art Faul - Masque I     - IMO the experience as you relate it is more interesting to me than the final photograph! ;) Having a husband or boyfriend or a mother at the scene is problematic in my observations also although I have not had a similar experience to yours. The one time there was a husband present he did not present any problems and basically sat in the shadows … off set. Good experience. He was a Kodak exec from England.

                        Bob McCulloch - Perrines Bridge - nice scenic photograph IMO … especially if one is into covered bridges!

                        Andrew Sharpe - Having seen Andrew’s photographs over the years they all exude a high level of quality. Great tonal range/control/detail. This one is no exception. In addition they are reminiscent of his name “Sharpe” … SHARP … get it!! ;)

                        Christopher Strevens - Outing - I think this could use more “work”. The blue bannister or railing is a good element to start with. It might provide the detail to “carry” another view of the station that may have more visual impact that the current version.

Andy

--
Please visit
https://sites.google.com/site/rjmccullochphotographer/