Last minute thoughts on last week's photos

PF members photographs as seen at:  http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html

Emily L. Ferguson - Dune top,  Wellfleet, MA - I view this as a "work in progress" ... it is a potentially good subject but to me the image as is seems to lack some finishing touches esp. around left edge and maybe even right one. I like the connection between the wispy clouds and the scrub brush.

Yoram Gelman - Clocktower Abstract - the photogrpah calls attention to itself with those dark shapes and the hnt of Roman numberals ... a clock in pieces and shadows ... and eventually I can't make out what is real and what is a shadow and am left all confused but ultimately something that makes one think. I think that is good. Maybe.

Don Roberts - Barn Wall - tool arrangements seem to captivate most people. I think this one does so as well although the hanging tools don't seem (to me) to be very interesting. I think each tool in itself is probably more attention grabbing than the whole.

Art Faul - Sea of greens & Brockie Bank at sunset, Brora - probably a golfer's idea of a challenging course. I wonder how many of "us" ever had an assignment to photograph a golf course at ground level. I think that is a very challenging thing to contemplate. Maybe this one would benefit from something to give it scale.

John Retallack - this photograph screams for social commentary and I am not any good at that.

Dan Mitchell - Fenland - hay fever central!! As with the other panorama this one also could probably benefit from something in the foreground IMO. Although the buildings in the distance do give some idea of the environment. I'd probably include a little more foregroungd and less sky.

Bob McCulloch - On the Beach - hard to figure out where the subject is. I'm of two minds about this.

John Palcewski - Decisions, Decisions - one wonders what is she so concerned about. I like this. It is a human moment. Some elements are questionable (like the hand holding the bag and the guy in the white cap) but given the situation it still "speaks"to me!

Just my observations
Andy