Re: sheen and iridiscence?

Well sure there are screens with 320ppi.  Its called a Mac retina display
or Dell 4k Sanyo 4k.

ooh, I see the HTC goes 440  ppi
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_displays_by_pixel_density
but small screens such as these and the iphone's 326 would be easier to make at such high ppi counts. I'm not sure, who makes the Dell screens these days?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_liquid-crystal-display_manufacturers

> Also all you have to do is go to flickr to see a lot of pictures of bugs
taken with even digital point and shoots that have all the  iridescence.

I agree, many look fine - and people generally upload the better images if they have them. I do not have image sets to hand to show it, but as I said I experienced better better/worse colours depending on subject distance.

even this video which is in a WAY smaller color space shows the beetle more
correctly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzFDMdz3q8Y

Its got to be something else.