Re: double sided images - Duratrans?

From my experience working in a lab in the 1970's thin B&W negative when viewed by reflected light show as a positive. Color negatives don't exhibit this effect basically because they are orange. Also the fact that the colors don't reverse when viewed at a angle with reflected light. As long as you have a strong enough backlight for viewing I don't think this problem will occur. For instance in my late aunt house she had colored thingy hanging on the windows. They were bright when back lit in the house but from the outside looked just normal like when they came out of the original box and viewed by reflected light.
Roy

In a message dated 4/27/2014 6:30:23 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, ygelmanphoto@xxxxxxxxx writes:
I don't know if it's relevant in your case, but when an image is printed on glass it behaves differently, depending on the position of the light source.  It behaves as you expect, as a positive image when using reflected light, but behaves as a negative when using transmitted light.  (FWIW, I could not believe this, in my gut, until I tried it myself.)  So if you want to look at it using transmitted light, you have to print the negative on the glass.