Gallery review

                Emily L. Ferguson - Juvenile female snowy owl
I like the composition of this image very much…it's strong. Do these owls always appear to be laughing or is it me? This image is flat on my monitor and I'd like to see it with a bump in contrast.

                Don Roberts - Riding out the Storm
I am absolutely no good at making sense out of this kind of visual chaos when it comes to making photographs but I think in this image you've created a very strong and interesting image of that very thing…chaos. Well done.

                Art Faul - Self-promo with AVIS letters
Not sure why the bag/case is yellow. Maybe it ties to Avis in some way. The framing of the window within the car window…nice. The road pavers lead the eye into the image nicely.

                Lea Murphy - Trust examined

                Shyrell Melara - Bite Bite
The fat hands and wispy hair combined with the chubby cheeks shout toddler. The composition here doesn't add anything to this image…the background is too distracting.

                Bob McCulloch - Bar Harbor
Seems like an old time post card with the color cast. The body does a nice job of adding scale. A lot going on here but the image doesn't really grab me.

                Bob Sull - Lorain Lighthouse
There's a lot going on here that works together well. All the horizon lines (nine that I count) lead the eye up through the image like stairs and that bit of red on top of the lighthouse…perfect. I think the graphic rectangles of the windows work well against the straight horizon lines and then the little specs of seagulls add another graphic element that I find interesting. Two thumbs up.

                Yoram Gelman - Inactive Chair at former Scranton Lace Factory, Scranton, Pennsylvania
Hmm. This is the kind of image that makes me want to know more. How, in that mess, did the chair remain standing? Maybe you set it upright? Nice job capturing detail in what I suppose was a challenging scene lighting wise.

                David Dyer-Bennet - Snow lace
Because of the title I can see where you're headed with this and I think it would be a stronger image if you had gotten closer. It doesn't look so much like Snow Lace as a hunk of dirty snow. The lower right corner of white is distracting; cropping it out or toning it down would help keep the eye from leaking out over there.

                John Palcewski - Musician
The light! And composition! So nicely done. Burning down the top right corner would help keep the eye in this image.

My point oh two cents worth this week.

Lea

your kids . my camera . we'll click
www.leamurphy.com