Re: Rendering Judgment on the Gallery

At 9:06 AM +0100 3/30/14, wildimages@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
TIt's not just Photoforum - but other forums where "artists" share their work - contributors are upset if there are no comments, but attack anyone who dares to comment negatively. Maybe FB has it right ... there is a LIKE button but no more ... no hate, no boring, nothing else. Some people spend their whole lives (it seems at times) begging for those elusive LIKES as if it matters.

I'd propose an alternative:
Critic:
"Your picture sucks, it's the worst photo, if you can call it a photo that's ever been shown in the gallery, the gun is in the wrong place, the highlights are blown out, it's blurred in all the places I want it sharp and sharp where you've over-used the unsharp mask. Horizon isn't level ... ete .... etc"
Artist:
"Thanks for taking the time to
comment."

Rob (not an artist)

I didn't think so many of us had such fragile egos that we couldn't handle candid commentary on our offerings, or, on the other side, couldn't handle offering candid commentary on each other's offerings.

If we are that insecure, then, really, there is no point to the list and we might as well all go somewhere that only offers a Like button.

--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx