Re: PF member's exhibit on March 22, 2014

At 4:09 PM +0000 3/22/14, Andrew Davidhazy wrote:
The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated MARCH 22, 2014. Authors with work now on display at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html include:

	Klaus Knuth - Langenargen Harbor, December 2013
In my experience open areas in the foreground like here are something I try to avoid. And I would have done so here as well, preferably, if possible, by moving around so I'm facing the hotel a bit more, or by coming back when the sky had something in it to fill the waterfront. So it is positive that the mast is reflected inthe water, along with the unused mooring ball, and that the motor skiffs have colorful hulls, but still the two giant bald spaces really aren't very attractive.

	Yoram Gelman - Huangshan Pine No3

I have a weakness for shots like this.  They are among my ideas of lovely.

	Art Faul - Malvern Hill, Last of the Seven Days Battles

Which is why I also very much like all the touches in this image - the wagon wheels captured among the spokes of the closer wheel, the receding field and the delicate row of wintry maple trees on the horizon.

	Emily L. Ferguson - In the woods at sunrise

I am continuing to explore the possibilities of this technique as the sense of painting with light becomes more evident. Most of the color is developed in the digital darkroom, drawing on Photoshop's myriad tools for affecting color and color balance. My checking account is extremely relieved not to have to foot the bill for the many images that end up in the trash while I explore this. While I admire the people who managed to do this sort of thing with film, I would not like to have to be one of them myself.

--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx