Re: Calumet Photographic has locked it's doors for the final time.

Just to expand on that a little.     I do go to the store for rentals but even then its usually all done at the rental studio or shop.   To that end.  B&H on 9th is more for tourist attraction then to cater to the pro market.
Klaus in NYC you have to remember that B&H is a store front on top of there warehouse in a building they own.  Adorama is the same way.  I don't know about K&H but I'm guessing they do as well.    I do know in NY and LA calumet wasn't competing with anything else.    Their rental dept wasn't as strong and their staff is always nice they tended to be less qualified then some of the bigger better marketed stores.

Randy S. Little
http://www.rslittle.com/
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2325729/