RE: Σχετ: What is art?

The case that hold my pc is art and the pc itself is art but how it works is technology. The process of acquiring the knowledge that made it is science. Photography is applied science, technology and used for art in this context but photographs of histology slices is science…

From: owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Kostas Papakotas
Sent: 24 January 2014 06:28
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
Subject: Σχετ: What is art?

I may not like it, or even be disgusted or offended by it, but it does
preclude it from being art.

Andrew

This holds true for my perspective (definition) since it is abased in the process and not the outcome (good or bad).

Over the eyars there have been many works of art published that disgusted or offended the populace.

(in my mind comes alocal theatrical on the life of Christ sparking protests etc). In every single case the artists were guilty of bad taste than anything else.

Randy, intersting hind on that tops gear episode. i will youtube it

Στις 11:13 μ.μ. Πέμπτη, 23 Ιανουαρίου 2014, ο/η "asharpe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <asharpe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> έγραψε:

My definition of art is much broader. It is based simply on intent. If
something is produced with the intention of it being art, it is art.