Re: PHOTOFORUM digest 6426 - tripod impossible

Dan Mitchell
danmdan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

A great idea - but alas totally impossible in a crowded local store - where the erection of a tripod the and use thereon of an obvious camera, could result in problems with their security guys !

In these situations a quick hand-held shot by someone holding a phone is much more discrete - and thus is ignored.  Lots of folks wander around these days with phones in their hands. Thus there are indeed some real uses for the better phone-cameras - where my Fuji S100fs bridge camera, or maybe even my Canon IXUS 500, would be instantly noticed even hand-held.

I "see pictures everywhere" said one of my relatives - they're not "arty" in any way usually, just hopefully interesting for a moment.