Re: Differences fo opinion

It’s going to be hard for Herb Lubalin to drop any names as he is in the ground. Seymour Chwast is still around at age 82, but I am positive he never drops my name. I was a student and he was a master. I have a photographic memory, which is howI remember all this stuff and having that ’talent’ is a mixed blessing as I can also recall all kinds of rubbish I would like to forget.

I wish people would quit telling me how angry I am. Through the vagaries of email it may seem that way, but except for having to deal with doctors and lawyers for five years, I’m not angry. Somebody on this list spent some time here fairly recently and I don’t know if he found me angry or not. IF I’m angry at anything it is the colossal amount of time I have not been able to shoot. From 1970 to 2008, I traveled extensively, shot everything from anti-poverty efforts, advertising, landscapes, portraits, panoramas, and more. I accepted digital printing when it appeared as I thought the darkroom was too confining and I do not do fumes well. I do not shoot digital very often, although I do own a 5D which mostly sits in the closet.

My career has not been especially fantastic, at least not to others. I have worked at not having an ordinary life, and so I never shuffled papers, sat at a desk daily, or stared into a screen until a sloppy ER forgot what it was doing and wrecked my life by forcing me to sit for 5 years. I don’t know how you would respond, but I’m sure it wouldn’t be much different. I met some great caring people whom I would never have met, but considering the circumstances, I would have preferred not to know them.

Anybody on this list who has not actually met me, does not know me. My email persona is not me.

JAn