Re: Effort

I only went digital in 2007. I discovered the time spent processing, proofing, and printing was replaced with culling and post processing. However, the thought point is interesting. With film, I did put more thought into each roll as I tried to do something different at least every other frame. Now, I can afford the opportunity to really explore a situation. And that's the point missing from the argument...especially from pros. No doubt, a quality, seasoned pro will always dedicate a requisite level of planning to any shoot. Does economizing capture dilute any level of quality from that? Must a masterpiece be produced from a single roll? Does it really matter? Tell me, pros, what does the market say?