Re: Effort

Funny Bob I was taught the exact opposite.   Shooting an S at mid ohio  I was taught to never count on the motodrive   when I was shooting AAA redwings baseball in College for the Rochester Free press the first thing one of the vet shooters told me was turn off the AF (this was nikon 8008s af world)turn off the motor drive and know your shutter lag.   Dust can really screw up a great play at second.    The motor drive will likely miss the shot you really want.  The other thing was to not use the view finder when shooting sports but to aim over the prism.  This is for baseball or other sports where distances are always set.    So I shot that way for a few games. Then I learned you turn on the drive and make the first press based on it being the shot hold down the shutter for only a few exposures then hold off and look for the next thing that might be happening.

FYI my family is the Drake family of Offenhauser fame. You probably know about our history with Indy and sprint cars.)

Randy S. Little
http://www.rslittle.com/
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2325729/