Re: Photography and Ansel Adams

On Dec 10, 2013, at 5:11 AM, Howard LEIGH wrote:

 But it was also interesting to note that Adams also reprinted his better known images several times - and each was quite different from the one before: contrast, lightness etc. Only the content seemed not to change as he never apparently cropped his prints or so I believe.

Yes, well, I’m a big boy now and I do the same. I do not know how large a catalog Ansel had to sell from, but after 40 years mine is in excess of 500 images and having learned from the master, I re-light, re-crop, re-print, re-select and re-issuse selections in editions to drive sales. For instance there is a special edition this winter called Limbo Landscapes in a set of 11 panoramas, an edition of 7, and boxed at 16x30” for $750, with delivery before X-Mas.

If Ansel were alive, he would no doubt have the most incredible digital print shop which would even dazzle Graham Nash and his Editions.

prints

Art Faul

The Artist Formerly Known as Prints
------