For the fliers among us

Here's a great video of descending into Queenstown, NZ.  This would be a great exercise in trusting the instruments.

Great Video. There is nothing like being IFR & dropping between the peaks in Queenstown. There are always lenticular clouds
around the summits and there is usually lots of turbulence, which does not make for comfortable IFR approaches.

After a few real hard approaches into Q I do believe it to be a great Laxative. Sweat dripping down your shirt and trying to have a calm voice
for the passengers is not a natural mix.

VFR is great on a good day, otherwise you have to sneak around the valleys and sometimes they are full of cloud, and turning in the valley's
is not always an option.
Milford Sound is even better with a specific rating required before you can take passengers in there.

Sometimes the windsocks at each end of the runway face each other and there is no way to drink a coffee on approach, using full throttle and
a dive bombing seems to work most times, the only turbulence then being initial contact with the runway. Stopping before an overrun then
becomes a problem as it is quite short.

But Q is the most scenic airfield I have ever been into,
Best view is the pilots

 ­­

Art Faul

The Artist Formerly Known as Prints