Re: Question re: payment from outside of US

In this day and age with so much on the Internet being stolen I wonder if it is worth the 3000 euro?

In a message dated 11/11/2013 4:41:14 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, andpph@xxxxxxx writes:
Pablo,

I guess that would make a lot of sense to someone used to dealing with taxes and such!! As for identity theft ... I have to submit a W9 to companies in the US that pay for a license. So this being a reputable firm in Romania I doubt is identity theft but you are right they would have some personal info - much like the W9 form requested in the US. To clarify, this company has used my image for the last ten years as part of a license they paid for at that time. They want to continue using it for another ten yeras. That is where the transaction is at this time. FYI the fee we are talking about is $3000 Euros.

Once I got paid by an outfit in France. The French taxes on the transaction amounted to about 1/2 the $180 fee. Then I had to deal with the US bank cashing a French cheque. In the end there was not much left for me!

So, I am in a quandary ... I think the legal thing to do is to send them the 6166, no? It would cost me $85 to get that form. I don't think the company uses PayPal. I could ask. But then what?

Something to think about. Ideas? Suggestions?

Andy