RE: Green screen question

I might have a little experience.   42 feature films worth.  You are welcome to call me.  Easy to get wrong not hard to get right.   You will maybe want blue and green if possible.   Blonds on green is not a good thing in stills.   Spill suppression and light ratios are important.  All depends on quality expectation as to how hard or easy it is.  The do make color keyers for photoshop. Marketing materials might make it look easier then it is but primatte is a decent plug in.  I can teach you some solid methods that I use in both movies and stills.

Email me off list and ill send you my number

From my Android phone on T-Mobile. The first nationwide 4G network.

-------- Original message --------
From: Jonathan Turner <pictures@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 10/13/2013 12:11 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students <photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Green screen question

Hi,

Does anyone on the list know anything about using green screen for
stills rather than moving image?

I have a load of work coming up in schools, involving shooting kids
dressed up in period costume, in a studio set-up against a plain
backdrop, to be cut out and dropped into a (previously shot)
historically appropriate background. I'm unsure what the easiest
backdrop to use would be...I had planned to just use a white or grey
backdrop, for ease of cut out, but it occurred to me that a green screen
might actually easier. I know green screen (and whichever accompanying
software you use) is meant for moving image, rather than stills, but
wondered if you could apply it to stills, and save a file (preferably a
jpg) with the background already cut out and deleted. And if so, what
software do I need, or should I just use photoshop?

Any help appreciated.

Cheers,
Jonathan.
--