Re: a photo series close to my heart

Randy:
Re: a photo series close to my heart

http://motherboard.vice.com/blog/e-waste-recycling-exports-are-good

thanks for that, always worth seeing another side / different story. I am aware of both styles of recycling , but destructive recycling does occur and it's hard to know what is happening with anything a person may attempt to recycle once it's passed into third party hands. 'Recycling' in glass bottles here went from high temperature steam cleaning to smash, melt and recast. lots of energy gone in THAT method.. of course then to reduce cost we move to disposable cardboard cartons and pretend they are recycled in some way .. It always struck me as odd that we buy a glass bottle filled with sugary water, consume the liquid and throw away what surely must be the most valuable part of the purchase.

I guess that's why my grandmother had a cellar full of glass bottles.