Re: PF members exhibit on Sep. 21, 13

On Oct 7, 2013, at 2:06 PM, Robert J McCulloch wrote:

Regarding " The Gunks, Smileys Tower" the real subject is intended to be the Shawangunks themselves with Skytop Tower aka Smiley's Tower as a reference point. Most of the land around the Ridge is private farms, not hikable until you get to one of the 3 preserves on the ridge. The tower is the highpoint on the Ridge. Close up views of the tower are possible but then you do not see the ridge. Jan's comment about the road is incorrect, that is a farm track, the road was excluded from the original framing. I invite you all to come and enjoy the area and create your own images, awesome area, Bob.

Oh, it’s a farm track, not a dirt road. That makes perfect sense, but if I wanted to hike a farm track, I would hike the one on my farm and not drive to NJ for this one. Frankly, to me the tower is so far in the distance it appears to be inconsequential. It’s even more inconsequential than the first camera t-shirt.

Art Faul

The Artist Formerly Known as Prints
------
Art for Cars: art4carz.com