Review

John Palcewski - Walking

Well seen. I like the dark doorway squares, the dark purse square, the red in the taillight repeating the red of the shoe, the black of the car repeating the black of the doorways, the straight horizon and the little bit of red in the street which takes the eye full circle.

Yoram Gelman - Sloop at Verrazano

The repetition in this image makes it very strong but the grain/noise in the trees weakens it somewhat for me. I wonder how a print would look.

Pini Vollach - Italy

I wish there was a person in the doorway reflecting in the car window. That would be a fun visual surprise. I keep wanting there to be a strong point of interest to draw me in but I'm not finding it. Maybe the mirror due to its brightness. I like this image but I'm not really sure I can say why. Maybe it's the soothing nature of the curve of the car frame?

Christopher Strevens - Station on the bridge

This image is too busy for my taste with no real focal point but I must say you've nailed what is a difficult (impossible?) metering situation. Detail in the floor, detail in the clouds. Nicely done.

Bob McCulloch - Beach Pine

Another well done job of metering in challenging light. I like the sharpness of the foremost pinecones and the colors are lovely. I might crop in from the right to get rid of those messy bits and get the pinecones out of dead center. Just a thought.

Art Faul -

Your best one yet. I can't fathom the nightmare headaches of trying to do that kind of photography.

Lea

your kids . my camera . we'll click
www.leamurphy.com