Re: PF members exhibit Sept 07, 2013

John,

Nothing is connected to anything else in the shot.  the girl isn't looking at the sign or the car.  That car has nothing to do with the sign or the girl.  Zero visual hierarchy to help the viewer know whats import and not important.

Yoram.   I feel like you where taking a picture of a bridge and a boat got in the way.   there isn't enough emphasis on the boat to make it very important in the shot.  It feels ancillary and thus a distraction.     I also don't feel the lithographic nature or the shot helps the shot over all  It create to many super brights that affect there the eye should go.

I lived about half way from there to the Lady when I had my commercial studio in NYC

Pini.    I'm not sure what I am supposed to be looking at.

Christopher:  What is significant about this shot to you?  Did you cut London bridge in half on purpose?

Bob it would help if you where doing something to help bring the viewer into and then hold them in the shot.   vignette or burn or something that forces the view to look at what you want them to look at.

Jan.   1984 graphical image yes?      i would rather seen the image's off the cars.  If we could see the whole car then it would make sense.

It would be interesting to see more Haptic images in the gallery.

Randy S. Little
http://www.rslittle.com/

On Sat, Sep 7, 2013 at 6:03 PM, YGelmanPhoto <ygelmanphoto@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I think this week's collection is very good.

On Sep 7, 2013, at 11:57 AM, Andrew Davidhazy wrote:

> The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated Sept. 07, 2013.
> Authors with work now on display at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html include:
>

> John Palcewski - Walking
> I was ready to fault this one for being an image of an image -- until I saw the figure of the woman walking at just the right spot in the frame.  The oversized graphic looming over the woman, offering shoes to her, is compelling; what kind of shoes was she wearing anyway?

> Yoram Gelman - Sloop at Verrazano
My shot . . .

> Pini Vollach - Italy
This shot took up quite a bit of my time while I studied it.  Very interesting. . .the different reflections, the scooter and the car, the curvature of the window.  But at the end I think the scooter is too close to the car -- for my taste.  It blends into the car instead of being an independent object, so the effect of the two vehicles is reduced.  But I still like it.

> Christopher Strevens - Station on the bridge
Also an interesting shot. . . crisp lines contradicted by the funny triangular form.

> Bob McCulloch - Beach Pine
This is a pleasing arrangement of evergreen branches, with pine cones, but to me it is too static.

> Art Faul -
This was interesting until I read the techno information followed by the comment referring to some unknown "Jack".  Then it all became part of a photographer's locker room banter in some kind of competition for points -- at which it became less interesting.  But luckily the image itself kept some interest from sinking.

___
ygelmanphoto@xxxxxxxxx
www.ygelmanphoto.com