Re: PF members exhibit Sept 07, 2013

I think this week's collection is very good.

On Sep 7, 2013, at 11:57 AM, Andrew Davidhazy wrote:

> The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated Sept. 07, 2013.
> Authors with work now on display at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html include:
>

> John Palcewski - Walking
> I was ready to fault this one for being an image of an image -- until I saw the figure of the woman walking at just the right spot in the frame.  The oversized graphic looming over the woman, offering shoes to her, is compelling; what kind of shoes was she wearing anyway?

> Yoram Gelman - Sloop at Verrazano
My shot . . .

> Pini Vollach - Italy
This shot took up quite a bit of my time while I studied it.  Very interesting. . .the different reflections, the scooter and the car, the curvature of the window.  But at the end I think the scooter is too close to the car -- for my taste.  It blends into the car instead of being an independent object, so the effect of the two vehicles is reduced.  But I still like it.

> Christopher Strevens - Station on the bridge
Also an interesting shot. . . crisp lines contradicted by the funny triangular form.

> Bob McCulloch - Beach Pine
This is a pleasing arrangement of evergreen branches, with pine cones, but to me it is too static.

> Art Faul -
This was interesting until I read the techno information followed by the comment referring to some unknown "Jack".  Then it all became part of a photographer's locker room banter in some kind of competition for points -- at which it became less interesting.  But luckily the image itself kept some interest from sinking.

___
ygelmanphoto@xxxxxxxxx
www.ygelmanphoto.com